This turned out amazing! Even my husband loved it and he is not a vegetarian. I followed the recipe exactly as stated and it was great. The fun part is you can change up the veggies based on the season. It isn’t heavy either. The recipe calls for mozzarella cheese instead of ricotta which lightens it up. This was also very simple and could be put together quickly. This one is going into my meal rotation. Thanks Primavera Kitchen!
Author: Primavera Kitchen
Recipe type: Casserole Dinner
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
This Skinny Lasagna Rolls are made with part-skim ricotta and mozzarella and whole wheat noodles. It is easy, quick and healthy meal for all your family.
7 whole wheat lasagna noodles 15 oz partskim ricotta
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 large egg
1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
16 oz partskin mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 cups homemade tomato sauce or your favorite sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add lasagna noodles and cook for time indicated on package. Drain the pasta, rinse and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, parsley, an egg and parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Ladle about 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce in a baking dish and spread it well.
- Start assembling your lasagna roll ups by placing of wax paper, aluminum foil or a clean cutting board on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture first and 2 tablespoon of the homemade tomato sauce over each individual lasagna noodle. Then, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese.
Carefully roll up and place seam side down in rows in the baking dish.
After that, use remaining tomato sauce to top the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
Bake covered with foil for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 1520 minutes more until cheese is melted.