I remember the first time I heard the term “empath” and felt a connection to it. I wasn’t sure what or who it was, but I had a feeling it held truth for me. And it did. I trust if you have found your way to this post, you maybe wondering if you are an Empath or know you are and want to know more.
Hi, I’m Jules, and I’m an Empath. My empathic heart is big and my love runs DEEP. Obviously, since you’re on Jules Loves Me right now, right?!
I built an entire platform to try and house this big love I’ve felt for others since I was a kid. I never really knew what to do with it especially when others felt I was too much, which left me feeling like I wasn’t enough. Ever been there?
Once I started to dig into empathic traits, I started to recognize myself. I also started to see my power and strengths. By starting to understand that I wasn’t weird or alone, I started to feel better.
A clue that you may be an empath is that you’re drawn to reading this blog, but here are 11 more:
- You are sensitive. Not only within yourself but also to others and their feelings and things around you. Your skin may also be sensitive.
- You feel things you can’t always explain inside yourself and from others. You also know when others aren’t being honest or upfront with you.
- You are a spiritual seeker and may think of yourself as a light worker, healer, energy worker, to name a few.
- You are big hearted giver, and sometimes wish you weren’t.
- You are the world’s best friend. There’s not much you wouldn’t do for the ones you hold close to your heart.
- People open up to you easily, even strangers.
- You have a hard time watching the news, scary or violent movies/shows/images. You’ll probably get nightmares and/or it increases anxiety.
- You are always there for others but you aren’t always sure who you can go to.
- Others can drain your energy and affect your mood.
- You feel things deeply.
- You know you have a calling but sometimes it feels like a burden.
If you feel that I’m speaking to you and your big beautiful heart, please know we need more people with your capacity to love and to support others now more than ever. Nothing is wrong with you, you aren’t broken, you aren’t weak — you have a superpower that you are discovering.
Special note: Empaths are genderless, ageless, from all religious backgrounds including Atheism, and from all over the world. Some struggling and lost more than others; all equally important.
One major thing to check into and re-evaluate are your boundaries. Now that you know your golden heart is unique in its gifts, be aware of anyone or anything that steals your power and drains your energy.
I encourage you to journal how you’re feeling right now. A favorite prompt I use is: The truth I’ve never told before…
I allow myself to free write and empty out my mind onto paper without thinking. Set a timer for 5-7 minutes and let it go. If you start to slow down and think, use the prompt again and again until the timer goes off. If you have more to write after the timer, keep going!
Looking for something to read on the topic? Dr. Judith Orloff has tons of books helping empaths to thrive and step into purpose and power.
Need more support, drop me a line or come over to our private Facebook group and say hello. We’re a big family of empathic hearts who see you and already love you. xo2