Hey there, Jules here! I’m so excited to introduce you to our newest Facebook Moderator. Monica has been lifting up our #JulesLovesMe community with inspiring posts and supportive comments for quite some time now. My favorite memory of Monica goes backstage of a big fashion show in Atlanta back in 2019. I was the hair and makeup director and Monica was on my team. During an intense and very high paced period of makeup touch-ups on runway models, Monica showed up for me in a huge way; she saw a way to help me move faster! Instinctually she started loading the back of my hand as if it were a makeup pallet with the colors I needed. This saved me a big step and kept me in the flow. I’m not sure if Monica remembers this moment or knows how grateful I am for her quick thinking, but I’ll never forget it! Monica and I have been friends since and if I should be called to lead more beauty teams, you can be sure I’ll be hollering at her. So on that note, let’s get to know this bright light we call Monica Hagedorn.
1. How did we meet? The Scad Fashion Show!
2. What’s the song that can always make you feel better? “Life is Too Short” By Too Short
3. Best childhood memory: Easter Egg Hunts any time if year in my great Aunt Peachys Garden
4. What’s your favorite thing to do? Get lost in the music
5. Biggest fear: already happened
6. Favorite affirmation: I am perfect and complete right now. I love myself no matter what!
7. Your happy place: The beach!
8. Top 3 books:
- The Power of Kindness By Piero Ferruci
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
9. One thing people get wrong about you: Because I am strong I dont need help.
10. What do you love most about yourself? My mind which is controlled by my heart lol
11. Favorite number: 222
12. What does Oneness mean to you? Being in total sync and alignment. Unity, harmony, unconditional love
13. You’re living on an island and you only have 3 albums with you, what are you listening to?
- Bob Marley: Legend
- Jill Scott: Who Is Jill Scott/Love Jones Soundtrack
- 90s hip hop greatest hits
- I need at least 7 albums… i can keep going lol
14. Favorite meal: Rice, Fish and Veggies
15. Bath or shower? Shower
16. Best concert of all time: Its a tie Between Prince and NKOTB reunion lol
17. When you’re stressed how do you calm down? Binaural beats, frequencies, going into nature, working out, breathing, talking to someone, music
18. Favorite animal: Giraffe
19. Pick one: the mountains or the beach? Beach
20. Favorite parent moment? First time I put lipstick on my daughter. She was under 6 months old and her whole demeanor changed
Your biggest dream: to be a billionaire so I can do everything I dream of including helping people2